Role of a Packer
So, you think you want to be a Packer?
As a Meathead Packer, you are thoroughly trained to pack customers’ possessions into boxes and assist them before and after a move to ensure nothing gets lost or damaged during the transition. Meathead Packers ensure that all of our customers’ items are wrapped and stored for their move. Meathead Packers also offer unpacking services. With strong organizational skills and efficiency, Meathead Packers can happily handle your packing needs.
Upward mobility is the name of the game at Meathead. Work your way up to management, or build your career in one of our offices with locations throughout California.
At Meathead, lifelong friendships are formed and encouraged. #TeamMeathead offers leadership skills and mentoring to help you reach your life goals.
Starting wage is $15 per hour and tips average $25-50 per day. Regular and frequent raises come as training progresses.
- : Make money while getting stronger. The majority of our customers are generous tippers, providing additional potential earning capabilities.
- : Every Meathead starts as a Mover or Packer and works their way up within the company. If you work hard and are dedicated, you could be a Super Packer within months.
- : You set your own work schedule! We accommodate to your school and athletic commitments and let you work as much or as little as you want. We also have five branches throughout the state, so you have the ability to move or transfer to whatever location you want!
- : Like any great sports team, we want to keep our athletes healthy. Long pack jobs can often cause joint and muscle pain. Team Meathead gets massages by professional therapists.
- : We wouldn’t be Meatheads without on-site gyms. You can work out and study in your downtime.
- : Careful and skillful team members are rewarded with incentives just for doing the job well and taking exceptional care of our customers. Throughout the year, we throw parties to celebrate our top performers and safest branches.
- : Be a hero. Since 1997, Meathead Movers has been providing free moving services to victims of domestic violence fleeing abuse. Team Meathead literally saves lives. You get to leave work knowing that you helped someone accomplish something that they couldn’t do without you.
- : This is not a boring job. Every day is different – you’ll be at a new home, with new customers, and new team members who become life-long friends. We pack families, celebrities, high-profile business people and more throughout the entire US. You get paid to network and travel to new places!
- Our Packers are tidy, organized and familiar with all the elements of a well-stocked home.
- Our Packers are outgoing, polite and friendly, and enjoy helping people through stress times.
- Our Packers must be willing to partake in professional, extensive, time-sensitive training.
- Every employee is expected to report to duty on time, clean-cut and ready to work.
- Employees will be tasked with performing other activities, such as marketing the company, clerical work and training others on packing procedures.
- Every employee must abide by our Service Pillars, which represent the code of conduct for how we are to treat our customers at all times, and what we should be measured up to. This includes but is not limited to: having a positive and friendly attitude, being customer-focused, and being accountable for your actions.
- You must be able to pass a criminal background check as well as a drug test (including marijuana) to be eligible for employment.
Please note, Meathead Movers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You must be able to pass a criminal background check as well as a drug test to be eligible for employment.
Our goal is to give our team members skills and mentoring that will make them stronger and equipped to achieve success in their lives.
Meathead Movers is more than just a job for me. Every day I am presented with a new challenge, new people to meet, and new experiences that I will never forget. Meathead Movers is the first job that I've had that values my growth as an individual both professionally and personally. I am, and always will be, proud to be a Meathead Mover.
Meathead Movers is one of the best companies that I have ever worked for. Their generosity and customer care carries over to their employees as well. I really enjoy working hard for a company who truly cares about my own health and happiness.
Sound like your kind of place?
We’re ready to hear from you.