The safety of our team, customers and communities is paramount
Meathead Movers is deemed an essential business by our government and public health officials. We remain open and operating, while increasing our safety protocols that align with the guidelines of the CDC.
Our Commitment to Our Employees and Customers
We understand the great responsibility that we’re taking on as an essential business during a time of crisis. We currently employ more than 700 students and athletes who are now following our most aggressive safety precautions to ensure safety for all during the COVID-19 pandemic. We’re continuing to make efforts to support our front-line teams. All full-time and part-time Movers and Packers will receive a $2-per-hour wage increase through at least June 20.
Over the last 23 years, we have maintained extremely high standards for cleaning, but we’ve followed the CDC’s recommendations, as well as OSHA’s guidance on preparing the workplace for COVID-19, to increase those measures. We are committed to maximizing the safety of our team and customers and minimize the spread of Coronavirus in our communities:
- All trucks are wiped down inside and outside before and after every move. This includes door handles, steering wheels, dashboards, seatbelts, dollies, hand tools.
- Commercial handwashing stations have been placed at all Meathead Movers branches, where employees are required to wash hands before entering a Meathead vehicle, a Meathead building, as well as before and after all moves.
- All surfaces and commonly handled components are wiped down at least twice daily. This includes door handles, desks, drawers, phones, light switches, keyboards/mice, toilets, faucets and countertops.
- Dispatch times are strategically staggered to avoid overlap of team members in the warehouses.
- We recommend that all Meatheads wear gloves on all moving and packing services and dispose of them promptly after.
- We recommend that all Meatheads wear Cloth Face Coverings on all moving and packing services. We require that Cloth Face Coverings are worn in service areas that public health officials mandate it.
- All contracts will be signed using DocuSign whenever possible. If DocuSign is not possible, we offer individually wrapped pens for our customers to use and keep.
- Meathead Gyms and Computer Labs are closed until further notice.
- Meathead high fives are no longer an acceptable greeting. Team members and customers will be asked to abide by the recommended 6 ft distance between people whenever possible.
- There is zero tolerance for a sick employee to be dispatched or remain at work. All employees are temperature-checked before each move.
We are keeping our team safe and/or supporting their decisions to stay home.
Meathead Movers’ management is working tirelessly to support our team members in the offices, warehouses and on the front lines. We want to provide jobs to those who need it and we want to be able to help people who are in a position where they need to move right now. At the same time, we are working closely with all administrative employees who want to work remotely, or those who wish to leave the job and return to their positions at a later date.
For our employees who remain on the job: We have separated work stations to minimize physical contact. All Call Center and Lobby employees are at least 6 ft. apart.
We have divided our labor force into “Moving Teams”, to ensure that the same team is using the same truck and minimizing exposure among other employees. No more than 10 team members will be on a move at a time.
Payment plan options are available to soften the upfront cost of moving during this time of hardship.
In an effort to help our clients who have been financially hit the hardest, we’ve partnered with Affirm to offer payment plan options as low as 0% financing up to 12 months (OAC). Moving is essential, and we don’t want this pandemic to halt your next move forward.
Our Commitment to our Communities
We are continuing to provide no-cost moves to victims of domestic violence fleeing abusive situations.
As domestic violence rates skyrocket during the pandemic and shelters remain open to help, we are committed to continuing to provide essential, no-cost moves to victims of abusive through our shelter partners: Stand Strong, RISE SLO, Domestic Violence Solutions, Interface, Human Options, Marjaree Mason Center and Alliance Against Family Violence.
If you are currently a victim of domestic violence and need help, please contact your local domestic violence shelter. You are not alone, and it doesn’t have to be this way.
We are donating boxes to food banks and school districts to help feed our communities.
Food banks and school districts are working harder than ever to provide meals for our communities. In order to probably package the donated goods and deliver them to those who need it most, we are donating hundreds of Meathead Movers boxes.
We want to serve you. If you’re a nonprofit in need of boxes to support the community, please contact us at [email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to contact us directly and we’ll do our best to assist you. Thank you for your trust in our commitments. We are all in this together.