Meathead Movers is set up perfectly to accommodate moving seniors from home to home or from their home to an assisted living residence. As with all clients, when a senior citizen is moving they need trust worthy people they can rely on to do a quality job, with no surprises when it comes to pricing. Meathead Movers are clean-cut, All-American student-athletes thoroughly trained to deliver outstanding service. In fact, we are often told our Meathead Movers and Packers remind our clients of their grandsons and granddaughters, a huge compliment. The other comment we hear a lot is that our movers and packers have a work ethic not often seen in today’s generation, which always feels so good to hear! The characters of our employees ensure our senior moving clients don’t have to worry about our willingness to please, as it’s an innate characteristic. Even more important, the entire staff at Meathead Movers is well-versed in and empathetic to the stresses that, unfortunately, often accompany moving after retirement or to an assisted living residence.
Why Meathead is Recommended by Dozens of Assisted Living Residences in California:
- Meathead Movers: Drug free, clean cut, punctual and polite student-athlete movers.
- VIP Chair: We bring a chair for our senior to relax and sit down in during the moving process, while pointing out exactly where they want everything to go.
- Location Considerations: Our proprietary software program captures knowledge about our clients and the facility characteristics and rules of each assisted living residence. For example, if the elevators can’t be used for moving during 11:00am-1:00pm (because of lunch) our movers will automatically know before the move even starts and have a plan in place to accommodate this.
- Meathead Concierge: We help coordinate an array of moving related services for our senior clients which save them, their family and the assisted living residence managers’ time. We provide this service at no additional charge.
- We stand behind our work: We cover 100% of property damage to the origin or destination at no additional charge. Not that this happens very often!
- No Hidden Fees: We offer free written estimates that include Not-To-Exceed prices, which we always honor.
- Selected Representatives: We can coordinate the move with a family member or assisted living residence staff. This makes the transition easier for our senior moving clients as well as the person trusted with coordinating.
- High Customer Service Ratings: With an A+ rating, Meathead Movers is the highest rated moving company per the Better Business Bureau and has been recognized by many other organizations for delivering outstanding service. For more information about the awards we’ve won, please visit our trophy room.
Singing to Seniors: Meathead Movers Christmas Caroling
Every year our Meatheads swap moving uniforms for Santa hats and warm up their vocal cords instead of their muscles. We then travel around and sing Christmas carols for assisted living residences in San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles and Orange Counties. Disclaimer: we don’t claim to be good carolers, or even decent for that matter. Regardless, we all enjoy spreading a little holiday cheer and seeing smiles on the faces of those we serenade, while we playfully make fools of ourselves.
Seniors Preparing to Move
Each time you move is a wonderful opportunity to organize and perhaps finally get rid of some things that you no longer need. If you plan on disposing items, it’s best to do so before the move. This way you don’t have to pay to have them moved. A garage sale in the weeks leading up to your relocation is a great way to do this, while putting a little money back in your pocket. Downsizing your living quarters? You might not have room for all the sentimental items you can’t bear to part with. We recommend planning ahead by finding a mini storage near your new home; this will make it more convenient to visit. Our Meathead Concierge is happy to help with this process, whether it’s finding a storage unit, a consignment shop or a service to scan and archive old family pictures. Also be sure to utilize the moving checklist, a compilation of tasks that will make sure you’re prepared for move day.
Before move day, go through your belongings and prioritize which items must go to your new home and which items can go to storage. An excellent way to communicate this to the movers is by getting a couple of different colored post-its; one color can mean new residence and the other color storage. Meatheads are trained for visual cues like this and will stage the loading of the moving truck in groups for efficient unloading, which will save you time and money.
The most time-consuming part of preparing your household for moving is often the packing. Individually wrapping a fragile china service for 12 is very tiresome and takes quite a while. Sometimes being on your feet all day isn’t an option, we understand. Feel like taking it on yourself? Work in spurts of 30 to 60 minutes at a time. The other option some of our senior moving clients opt for Meathead Packers. Our packers are more than happy to come to your home and handle all the packing and prepping for you. Just remember to take it easy and leave all the heavy lifting for us.
Take a look at our step-by-step video tour outlining our moving game plan and showing you what your Meathead experience is going to be like.
The most important thing Meathead Movers does is listen. We listen to your moving needs, ask about specific concerns, and then customize from our spectrum of services to create the perfect move for you. Please contact us and let us know how we can help make your next move a success!